Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 18, 2013 at 11:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 38%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 18, 2013 at 11:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 421.26 meters/second, 1516.5 kilometres/hour, 942.3 miles/hour or 818.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||North||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 53.5"||942.02 mi||West||0° 00' 56.1"||1.07 mi||North||941.98 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 59.8"||755.09 mi||East||0° 03' 35.2"||4.11 mi||South||755.25 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bhubaneswar||Mon 4:56 PM||9 km||5 miles||5 nm||E|
|Bhubaneshwar||Mon 4:56 PM||9 km||5 miles||5 nm||E|
|Khordha||Mon 4:56 PM||16 km||10 miles||9 nm||WSW|
|Cuttack||Mon 4:56 PM||25 km||16 miles||14 nm||W|
|Jagatsinghpur||Mon 4:56 PM||43 km||27 miles||23 nm||E|
|Dhenkanal||Mon 4:56 PM||48 km||30 miles||26 nm||NNW|
|Puri||Mon 4:56 PM||50 km||31 miles||27 nm||S|
|Nayagarh||Mon 4:56 PM||65 km||40 miles||35 nm||W|
|Kendrapara||Mon 4:56 PM||74 km||46 miles||40 nm||ENE|
|Angul||Mon 4:56 PM||95 km||59 miles||51 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.