Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 18, 2013 at 4:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 40%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 18, 2013 at 16:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 421.09 meters/second, 1515.9 kilometres/hour, 942.0 miles/hour or 818.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.70 mi||West||0° 00' 00.5"||0.01 mi||North||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 53.6"||941.65 mi||West||0° 00' 27.8"||0.53 mi||North||941.63 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 33.1"||754.31 mi||East||0° 14' 53.2"||17.07 mi||South||755.10 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arlit||Mon 5:26 PM||632 km||393 miles||341 nm||WSW|
|Agadez||Mon 5:26 PM||661 km||411 miles||357 nm||WSW|
|Faya-Largeau||Mon 5:26 PM||676 km||420 miles||365 nm||ESE|
|Sabha||Mon 5:26 PM||756 km||470 miles||408 nm||N|
|Tamanrasset||Mon 5:26 PM||839 km||522 miles||453 nm||WNW|
|Zinder||Mon 5:26 PM||847 km||526 miles||457 nm||SSW|
|Ndjamena||Mon 5:26 PM||929 km||578 miles||502 nm||SSE|
|Maradi||Mon 5:26 PM||994 km||618 miles||537 nm||SW|
|Kano||Mon 5:26 PM||1046 km||650 miles||565 nm||SSW|
|Abuja||Mon 5:26 PM||1387 km||862 miles||749 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.