Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 18, 2013 at 5:16:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 41%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 18, 2013 at 17:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 421.07 meters/second, 1515.9 kilometres/hour, 941.9 miles/hour or 818.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.70 mi||West||0° 00' 00.4"||0.01 mi||North||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 53.7"||941.61 mi||West||0° 00' 23.0"||0.44 mi||North||941.59 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 27.8"||754.18 mi||East||0° 16' 46.1"||19.22 mi||South||755.10 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tamanrasset||Mon 6:16 PM||535 km||332 miles||289 nm||ENE|
|Timbuktu||Mon 5:16 PM||584 km||363 miles||315 nm||SW|
|Arlit||Mon 6:16 PM||684 km||425 miles||369 nm||ESE|
|Niamey||Mon 6:16 PM||761 km||473 miles||411 nm||S|
|Ouahigouya||Mon 5:16 PM||834 km||518 miles||450 nm||SSW|
|Ouagadougou||Mon 5:16 PM||923 km||574 miles||498 nm||SSW|
|Koudougou||Mon 5:16 PM||966 km||600 miles||522 nm||SSW|
|Maradi||Mon 6:16 PM||990 km||615 miles||535 nm||SE|
|Kano||Mon 6:16 PM||1217 km||756 miles||657 nm||SE|
|Bamako||Mon 5:16 PM||1288 km||801 miles||696 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.