Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 18, 2013 at 8:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 42%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 18, 2013 at 20:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.04 meters/second, 1515.7 km/hour, 941.8 miles/hour or 818.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.70 mi||West||0° 00' 00.1"||0.00 mi||North||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 54.2"||941.53 mi||West||0° 00' 04.7"||0.09 mi||North||941.52 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 05.1"||753.70 mi||East||0° 24' 03.1"||27.58 mi||South||755.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Mon 4:30 PM||1671 km||1039 miles||903 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Mon 4:30 PM||1724 km||1071 miles||931 nm||W|
|Fort-de-France||Mon 4:30 PM||1736 km||1079 miles||937 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Mon 4:30 PM||1738 km||1080 miles||939 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Mon 4:30 PM||1747 km||1086 miles||943 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Mon 4:30 PM||1755 km||1091 miles||948 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Mon 4:30 PM||1810 km||1124 miles||977 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Mon 4:30 PM||1821 km||1131 miles||983 nm||WSW|
|Cayenne||Mon 5:30 PM||1843 km||1145 miles||995 nm||SSW|
|Paramaribo||Mon 5:30 PM||1896 km||1178 miles||1024 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.