Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 04:26:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 04:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.14 meters/second, 1516.1 km/hour, 942.1 miles/hour or 818.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.70 mi||west||0° 00' 00.6"||0.01 mi||south||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 55.8"||941.76 mi||west||0° 00' 40.0"||0.77 mi||south||941.79 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 55.5"||752.61 mi||east||0° 41' 49.8"||47.96 mi||south||755.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Mon 6:26 PM||346 km||215 miles||187 nm||ENE|
|Wailuku||Mon 6:26 PM||473 km||294 miles||256 nm||E|
|Hilo||Mon 6:26 PM||623 km||387 miles||336 nm||E|
|Midway||Mon 5:26 PM||1877 km||1166 miles||1013 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 6:26 PM||2078 km||1291 miles||1122 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Mon 4:26 PM||2791 km||1734 miles||1507 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Tue 4:26 PM||3332 km||2070 miles||1799 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Tue 4:26 PM||3387 km||2104 miles||1829 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Tue 5:26 PM||3468 km||2155 miles||1872 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Tue 4:26 PM||3516 km||2185 miles||1898 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.