Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 05:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.16 meters/second, 1516.2 km/hour, 942.1 miles/hour or 818.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.70 mi||West||0° 00' 00.7"||0.01 mi||South||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.1"||941.80 mi||West||0° 00' 43.4"||0.83 mi||South||941.84 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 49.5"||752.53 mi||East||0° 43' 10.0"||49.49 mi||South||755.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Mon 6:02 PM||1172 km||728 miles||633 nm||NW|
|Honolulu||Mon 7:02 PM||1239 km||770 miles||669 nm||E|
|Baker Island||Mon 5:02 PM||2343 km||1456 miles||1265 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 7:02 PM||2443 km||1518 miles||1319 nm||SE|
|Wake Island||Tue 5:02 PM||2478 km||1540 miles||1338 nm||W|
|Majuro||Tue 5:02 PM||2509 km||1559 miles||1355 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Tue 5:02 PM||2810 km||1746 miles||1518 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 6:02 PM||3284 km||2041 miles||1773 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Tue 5:02 PM||3411 km||2119 miles||1842 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Tue 5:02 PM||3435 km||2135 miles||1855 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.