Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 05:16:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 05:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.17 meters/second, 1516.2 km/hour, 942.1 miles/hour or 818.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.70 mi||west||0° 00' 00.7"||0.01 mi||south||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.1"||941.82 mi||west||0° 00' 44.7"||0.86 mi||south||941.86 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 47.0"||752.50 mi||east||0° 43' 41.2"||50.09 mi||south||755.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Mon 6:16 PM||979 km||608 miles||528 nm||NNW|
|Honolulu||Mon 7:16 PM||1590 km||988 miles||858 nm||E|
|Wake Island||Tue 5:16 PM||2124 km||1320 miles||1147 nm||W|
|Majuro||Tue 5:16 PM||2232 km||1387 miles||1205 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Mon 5:16 PM||2253 km||1400 miles||1217 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Tue 5:16 PM||2578 km||1602 miles||1392 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 7:16 PM||2663 km||1655 miles||1438 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Tue 5:16 PM||3171 km||1970 miles||1712 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 6:16 PM||3287 km||2042 miles||1775 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Tue 5:16 PM||3296 km||2048 miles||1780 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.