Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:16:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 05:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.17 meters/second, 1516.2 km/hour, 942.1 miles/hour or 818.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.70 mi||West||0° 00' 00.7"||0.01 mi||South||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.1"||941.82 mi||West||0° 00' 44.7"||0.86 mi||South||941.86 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 47.0"||752.50 mi||East||0° 43' 41.2"||50.09 mi||South||755.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Mon 6:16 PM||979 km||608 miles||528 nm||NNW|
|Honolulu||Mon 7:16 PM||1590 km||988 miles||858 nm||E|
|Wake Island||Tue 5:16 PM||2124 km||1320 miles||1147 nm||W|
|Majuro||Tue 5:16 PM||2222 km||1381 miles||1200 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Mon 5:16 PM||2253 km||1400 miles||1217 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Tue 5:16 PM||2578 km||1602 miles||1392 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 7:16 PM||2663 km||1655 miles||1438 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Tue 5:16 PM||3171 km||1971 miles||1712 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 6:16 PM||3287 km||2042 miles||1775 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Tue 5:16 PM||3297 km||2048 miles||1780 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.