Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 05:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 421.17 meters/second, 1516.2 kilometres/hour, 942.1 miles/hour or 818.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.70 mi||West||0° 00' 00.7"||0.01 mi||South||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.2"||941.83 mi||West||0° 00' 45.7"||0.87 mi||South||941.87 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 45.4"||752.48 mi||East||0° 44' 03.6"||50.51 mi||South||755.92 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Mon 6:26 PM||898 km||558 miles||485 nm||NNW|
|Honolulu||Mon 7:26 PM||1841 km||1144 miles||994 nm||E|
|Wake Island||Tue 5:26 PM||1872 km||1163 miles||1011 nm||W|
|Majuro||Tue 5:26 PM||2032 km||1263 miles||1097 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Mon 5:26 PM||2225 km||1383 miles||1202 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Tue 5:26 PM||2433 km||1512 miles||1314 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 7:26 PM||2839 km||1764 miles||1533 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Tue 5:26 PM||2996 km||1862 miles||1618 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Tue 4:26 PM||3202 km||1989 miles||1729 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Tue 5:26 PM||3239 km||2012 miles||1749 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.