Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 46%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 05:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.18 meters/second, 1516.2 km/hour, 942.1 miles/hour or 818.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.70 mi||West||0° 00' 00.7"||0.01 mi||South||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.2"||941.84 mi||West||0° 00' 46.6"||0.89 mi||South||941.88 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 43.6"||752.46 mi||East||0° 44' 25.9"||50.94 mi||South||755.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Mon 6:36 PM||880 km||547 miles||475 nm||N|
|Wake Island||Tue 5:36 PM||1619 km||1006 miles||874 nm||W|
|Majuro||Tue 5:36 PM||1860 km||1156 miles||1004 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Mon 7:36 PM||2092 km||1300 miles||1130 nm||E|
|Baker Island||Mon 5:36 PM||2228 km||1385 miles||1203 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Tue 5:36 PM||2309 km||1435 miles||1247 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Tue 5:36 PM||2835 km||1761 miles||1531 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Tue 4:36 PM||2973 km||1847 miles||1605 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 7:36 PM||3028 km||1881 miles||1635 nm||SE|
|Funafuti||Tue 5:36 PM||3202 km||1990 miles||1729 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.