Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 11:16:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 11:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.45 meters/second, 1517.2 km/hour, 942.7 miles/hour or 819.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 01.2"||0.02 mi||South||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 58.1"||942.45 mi||West||0° 01' 18.5"||1.50 mi||South||942.51 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 41.0"||751.78 mi||East||0° 57' 00.1"||65.35 mi||South||756.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Chiang Rai||Tue 6:16 PM||32 km||20 miles||17 nm||S|
|Chiang Mai||Tue 6:16 PM||178 km||111 miles||96 nm||SSW|
|Luang Prabang||Tue 6:16 PM||246 km||153 miles||133 nm||E|
|Vientiane||Tue 6:16 PM||384 km||239 miles||207 nm||SE|
|Naypyidaw||Tue 5:46 PM||391 km||243 miles||211 nm||W|
|Mandalay||Tue 5:46 PM||435 km||271 miles||235 nm||WNW|
|Udon Thani||Tue 6:16 PM||441 km||274 miles||238 nm||SE|
|Xam Neua||Tue 6:16 PM||443 km||275 miles||239 nm||E|
|Mawlamyine||Tue 5:46 PM||470 km||292 miles||254 nm||SSW|
|Nakhon Sawan||Tue 6:16 PM||498 km||309 miles||269 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.