Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:16:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 17:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.88 meters/second, 1518.8 km/hour, 943.7 miles/hour or 820.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.73 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||South||15.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 00.4"||943.42 mi||West||0° 01' 52.1"||2.14 mi||South||943.52 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 25.9"||751.17 mi||East||1° 10' 11.0"||80.46 mi||South||758.18 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arlit||Tue 6:16 PM||577 km||359 miles||312 nm||WSW|
|Agadez||Tue 6:16 PM||603 km||375 miles||326 nm||WSW|
|Faya-Largeau||Tue 6:16 PM||712 km||443 miles||385 nm||ESE|
|Zinder||Tue 6:16 PM||795 km||494 miles||429 nm||SSW|
|Moussoro||Tue 6:16 PM||814 km||506 miles||440 nm||SSE|
|Ndjamena||Tue 6:16 PM||913 km||567 miles||493 nm||SSE|
|Maradi||Tue 6:16 PM||939 km||583 miles||507 nm||SW|
|Fada||Tue 6:16 PM||988 km||614 miles||533 nm||ESE|
|Kano||Tue 6:16 PM||996 km||619 miles||538 nm||SSW|
|Abuja||Tue 6:16 PM||1338 km||831 miles||722 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.