Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 6:16:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 18:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 421.97 meters/second, 1519.1 kilometres/hour, 943.9 miles/hour or 820.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.73 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.04 mi||South||15.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 00.9"||943.61 mi||West||0° 01' 57.7"||2.25 mi||South||943.72 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 12.5"||751.08 mi||East||1° 12' 21.9"||82.96 mi||South||758.44 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Timbuktu||Tue 6:16 PM||380 km||236 miles||205 nm||SSW|
|Ouahigouya||Tue 6:16 PM||715 km||444 miles||386 nm||S|
|Tamanrasset||Tue 7:16 PM||820 km||509 miles||443 nm||ENE|
|Niamey||Tue 7:16 PM||831 km||517 miles||449 nm||SSE|
|Ouagadougou||Tue 6:16 PM||846 km||526 miles||457 nm||S|
|Koudougou||Tue 6:16 PM||861 km||535 miles||465 nm||S|
|Koutiala||Tue 6:16 PM||930 km||578 miles||502 nm||SSW|
|Arlit||Tue 7:16 PM||976 km||607 miles||527 nm||E|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Tue 6:16 PM||1013 km||629 miles||547 nm||SSW|
|Tidjikja||Tue 6:16 PM||1024 km||637 miles||553 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.