Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 7:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 51%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 19:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 422.07 meters/second, 1519.5 kilometres/hour, 944.1 miles/hour or 820.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 02.0"||0.04 mi||South||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 01.4"||943.85 mi||West||0° 02' 04.2"||2.37 mi||South||943.96 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 56.8"||750.97 mi||East||1° 14' 54.4"||85.87 mi||South||758.75 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nouadhibou||Tue 7:26 PM||208 km||129 miles||112 nm||ENE|
|Nouakchott||Tue 7:26 PM||358 km||222 miles||193 nm||SE|
|Rosso||Tue 7:26 PM||493 km||306 miles||266 nm||SE|
|Saint-Louis||Tue 7:26 PM||497 km||309 miles||268 nm||SSE|
|Dakhla||Tue 7:26 PM||504 km||313 miles||272 nm||NE|
|Santa Maria||Tue 6:26 PM||577 km||359 miles||312 nm||SW|
|Dakar||Tue 7:26 PM||603 km||374 miles||325 nm||SSE|
|Thiès||Tue 7:26 PM||604 km||375 miles||326 nm||SSE|
|Touba||Tue 7:26 PM||642 km||399 miles||346 nm||SSE|
|Mindelo||Tue 6:26 PM||743 km||461 miles||401 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.