Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 10:02:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 22:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 422.33 meters/second, 1520.4 kilometres/hour, 944.7 miles/hour or 820.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.75 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.04 mi||South||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 02.7"||944.43 mi||West||0° 02' 18.7"||2.65 mi||South||944.55 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 20.9"||750.76 mi||East||1° 20' 32.6"||92.33 mi||South||759.49 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Tue 6:02 PM||615 km||382 miles||332 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Tue 6:02 PM||643 km||399 miles||347 nm||WSW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Tue 6:02 PM||669 km||416 miles||361 nm||SW|
|Brades||Tue 6:02 PM||695 km||432 miles||375 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Tue 6:02 PM||702 km||436 miles||379 nm||SW|
|Gustavia||Tue 6:02 PM||705 km||438 miles||381 nm||WSW|
|Charlestown||Tue 6:02 PM||716 km||445 miles||386 nm||WSW|
|The Valley||Tue 6:02 PM||717 km||445 miles||387 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Tue 6:02 PM||717 km||446 miles||387 nm||WSW|
|Philipsburg||Tue 6:02 PM||720 km||448 miles||389 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.