Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 11:12:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 23:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 422.45 meters/second, 1520.8 kilometres/hour, 945.0 miles/hour or 821.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.75 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.05 mi||South||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 03.2"||944.71 mi||West||0° 02' 25.0"||2.77 mi||South||944.83 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 04.2"||750.68 mi||East||1° 23' 03.8"||95.22 mi||South||759.85 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gonaïves *||Tue 7:12 PM||88 km||55 miles||48 nm||ESE|
|Labadee *||Tue 7:12 PM||124 km||77 miles||67 nm||E|
|Cap-Haïtien *||Tue 7:12 PM||128 km||80 miles||69 nm||E|
|Port-au-Prince *||Tue 7:12 PM||182 km||113 miles||98 nm||SE|
|Providenciales *||Tue 7:12 PM||247 km||154 miles||134 nm||NNE|
|Santiago de Cuba *||Tue 7:12 PM||253 km||157 miles||136 nm||W|
|San Juan de la Maguana||Tue 7:12 PM||257 km||160 miles||139 nm||ESE|
|Cockburn Harbour *||Tue 7:12 PM||270 km||168 miles||146 nm||NE|
|Puerto Plata||Tue 7:12 PM||286 km||178 miles||155 nm||E|
|Santiago de los Caballeros||Tue 7:12 PM||288 km||179 miles||156 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.