Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 11:16:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 23:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.46 meters/second, 1520.9 km/hour, 945.0 miles/hour or 821.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.75 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.05 mi||South||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 03.2"||944.72 mi||West||0° 02' 25.4"||2.78 mi||South||944.85 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 03.3"||750.67 mi||East||1° 23' 12.5"||95.39 mi||South||759.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Santiago de Cuba *||Tue 7:16 PM||152 km||94 miles||82 nm||W|
|Gonaïves *||Tue 7:16 PM||184 km||114 miles||99 nm||ESE|
|Labadee *||Tue 7:16 PM||225 km||140 miles||121 nm||E|
|Holguín *||Tue 7:16 PM||227 km||141 miles||123 nm||WNW|
|Cap-Haïtien *||Tue 7:16 PM||230 km||143 miles||124 nm||E|
|Port-au-Prince *||Tue 7:16 PM||258 km||160 miles||139 nm||ESE|
|Kingston||Tue 6:16 PM||324 km||201 miles||175 nm||SW|
|San Juan de la Maguana||Tue 7:16 PM||351 km||218 miles||190 nm||ESE|
|May Pen||Tue 6:16 PM||364 km||226 miles||197 nm||SW|
|Cockburn Town *||Tue 7:16 PM||384 km||239 miles||207 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.