Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 4:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 04:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 423.13 meters/second, 1523.3 kilometres/hour, 946.5 miles/hour or 822.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.78 mi||West||0° 00' 02.9"||0.06 mi||South||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 06.3"||946.23 mi||West||0° 02' 56.3"||3.37 mi||South||946.38 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 41.1"||750.34 mi||East||1° 35' 12.3"||109.14 mi||South||761.77 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kailua-Kona||Tue 6:52 PM||33 km||20 miles||18 nm||WNW|
|Hilo||Tue 6:52 PM||65 km||41 miles||35 nm||ENE|
|Wailuku||Tue 6:52 PM||168 km||104 miles||91 nm||NNW|
|Napili-Honokowai||Tue 6:52 PM||185 km||115 miles||100 nm||NNW|
|Honolulu||Tue 6:52 PM||296 km||184 miles||160 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 6:52 PM||1968 km||1223 miles||1063 nm||S|
|Midway||Tue 5:52 PM||2401 km||1492 miles||1296 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Tue 4:52 PM||3121 km||1939 miles||1685 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 5:52 PM||3625 km||2253 miles||1958 nm||SSW|
|San Francisco *||Tue 9:52 PM||3795 km||2358 miles||2049 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.