Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 5:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 05:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 423.15 meters/second, 1523.4 kilometres/hour, 946.6 miles/hour or 822.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.78 mi||West||0° 00' 02.9"||0.06 mi||South||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 06.3"||946.28 mi||West||0° 02' 57.1"||3.39 mi||South||946.43 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 38.5"||750.33 mi||East||1° 35' 33.5"||109.54 mi||South||761.84 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Tue 7:02 PM||194 km||121 miles||105 nm||N|
|Waipahu||Tue 7:02 PM||201 km||125 miles||108 nm||N|
|Napili-Honokowai||Tue 7:02 PM||216 km||134 miles||116 nm||NE|
|Kailua-Kona||Tue 7:02 PM||222 km||138 miles||120 nm||E|
|Wailuku||Tue 7:02 PM||222 km||138 miles||120 nm||NE|
|Hilo||Tue 7:02 PM||318 km||198 miles||172 nm||E|
|Kiritimati||Wed 7:02 PM||1961 km||1218 miles||1059 nm||S|
|Midway||Tue 6:02 PM||2178 km||1354 miles||1176 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Tue 5:02 PM||2934 km||1823 miles||1584 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 6:02 PM||3508 km||2180 miles||1894 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.