Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 5:12:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 05:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 423.17 meters/second, 1523.4 kilometres/hour, 946.6 miles/hour or 822.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.78 mi||West||0° 00' 02.9"||0.06 mi||South||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 06.4"||946.33 mi||West||0° 02' 58.1"||3.40 mi||South||946.48 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 35.9"||750.32 mi||East||1° 35' 54.7"||109.95 mi||South||761.90 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Tue 7:12 PM||340 km||211 miles||183 nm||NE|
|Wailuku||Tue 7:12 PM||446 km||277 miles||241 nm||ENE|
|Hilo||Tue 7:12 PM||572 km||355 miles||309 nm||E|
|Midway||Tue 6:12 PM||1961 km||1219 miles||1059 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 7:12 PM||1989 km||1236 miles||1074 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Tue 5:12 PM||2760 km||1715 miles||1490 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Wed 5:12 PM||3333 km||2071 miles||1800 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 6:12 PM||3407 km||2117 miles||1840 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Wed 5:12 PM||3442 km||2139 miles||1858 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Wed 5:12 PM||3513 km||2183 miles||1897 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.