Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 5:16:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 05:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.18 meters/second, 1523.5 km/hour, 946.6 miles/hour or 822.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.78 mi||West||0° 00' 02.9"||0.06 mi||South||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 06.4"||946.35 mi||West||0° 02' 58.5"||3.41 mi||South||946.50 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 35.0"||750.32 mi||East||1° 36' 03.3"||110.11 mi||South||761.92 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Tue 7:16 PM||427 km||265 miles||230 nm||ENE|
|Wailuku||Tue 7:16 PM||542 km||337 miles||293 nm||ENE|
|Hilo||Tue 7:16 PM||673 km||418 miles||364 nm||E|
|Midway||Tue 6:16 PM||1876 km||1166 miles||1013 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 7:16 PM||2010 km||1249 miles||1085 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Tue 5:16 PM||2695 km||1674 miles||1455 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Wed 5:16 PM||3239 km||2012 miles||1749 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Wed 5:16 PM||3341 km||2076 miles||1804 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 6:16 PM||3372 km||2095 miles||1821 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Wed 5:16 PM||3427 km||2130 miles||1851 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.