Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 05:26:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:28 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 05:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.21 meters/second, 1523.5 km/hour, 946.7 miles/hour or 822.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.78 mi||west||0° 00' 02.9"||0.06 mi||south||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 06.5"||946.40 mi||west||0° 02' 59.5"||3.43 mi||south||946.56 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 32.2"||750.31 mi||east||1° 36' 26.8"||110.56 mi||south||761.99 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Tue 7:26 PM||689 km||428 miles||372 nm||ENE|
|Midway||Tue 6:26 PM||1648 km||1024 miles||890 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 7:26 PM||2094 km||1301 miles||1131 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Tue 5:26 PM||2527 km||1570 miles||1364 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Wed 5:26 PM||2992 km||1859 miles||1616 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Wed 5:26 PM||3059 km||1901 miles||1652 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Wed 5:26 PM||3194 km||1985 miles||1725 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 6:26 PM||3291 km||2045 miles||1777 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Wed 5:26 PM||3599 km||2236 miles||1943 nm||SSW|
|Adak *||Tue 8:26 PM||3747 km||2328 miles||2023 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.