Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 05:26:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 05:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.21 meters/second, 1523.5 km/hour, 946.7 miles/hour or 822.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.78 mi||west||0° 00' 02.9"||0.06 mi||south||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 06.5"||946.40 mi||west||0° 02' 59.3"||3.43 mi||south||946.55 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 32.5"||750.31 mi||east||1° 36' 24.5"||110.52 mi||south||761.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Tue 7:26 PM||662 km||411 miles||357 nm||ENE|
|Midway||Tue 6:26 PM||1670 km||1038 miles||902 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 7:26 PM||2084 km||1295 miles||1125 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Tue 5:26 PM||2542 km||1580 miles||1373 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Wed 5:26 PM||3018 km||1875 miles||1630 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Wed 5:26 PM||3088 km||1919 miles||1667 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Wed 5:26 PM||3217 km||1999 miles||1737 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 6:26 PM||3298 km||2049 miles||1781 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Wed 5:26 PM||3614 km||2246 miles||1951 nm||SSW|
|Adak *||Tue 8:26 PM||3754 km||2332 miles||2027 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.