Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 06:02:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:28 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 06:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.29 meters/second, 1523.8 km/hour, 946.9 miles/hour or 822.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.78 mi||west||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||south||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 06.9"||946.58 mi||west||0° 03' 02.7"||3.49 mi||south||946.74 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 23.0"||750.28 mi||east||1° 37' 43.2"||112.02 mi||south||762.22 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Tue 7:02 PM||1064 km||661 miles||575 nm||NNW|
|Honolulu||Tue 8:02 PM||1582 km||983 miles||854 nm||E|
|Wake Island||Wed 6:02 PM||2147 km||1334 miles||1159 nm||W|
|Baker Island||Tue 6:02 PM||2174 km||1351 miles||1174 nm||S|
|Majuro||Wed 6:02 PM||2197 km||1365 miles||1186 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Wed 6:02 PM||2524 km||1569 miles||1363 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 8:02 PM||2586 km||1607 miles||1397 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Wed 6:02 PM||3127 km||1943 miles||1688 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 7:02 PM||3201 km||1989 miles||1728 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Wed 6:02 PM||3220 km||2001 miles||1739 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.