Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 6:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 06:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.29 meters/second, 1523.8 km/hour, 946.9 miles/hour or 822.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.78 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||South||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 06.9"||946.58 mi||West||0° 03' 02.5"||3.49 mi||South||946.73 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 23.4"||750.28 mi||East||1° 37' 40.9"||111.97 mi||South||762.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Tue 7:02 PM||1076 km||669 miles||581 nm||NNW|
|Honolulu||Tue 8:02 PM||1554 km||966 miles||839 nm||E|
|Wake Island||Wed 6:02 PM||2175 km||1352 miles||1175 nm||W|
|Baker Island||Tue 6:02 PM||2179 km||1354 miles||1177 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Wed 6:02 PM||2209 km||1373 miles||1193 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Wed 6:02 PM||2543 km||1580 miles||1373 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 8:02 PM||2567 km||1595 miles||1386 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Wed 6:02 PM||3149 km||1956 miles||1700 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 7:02 PM||3199 km||1988 miles||1727 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Wed 6:02 PM||3229 km||2006 miles||1743 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.