Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 6:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 06:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 423.34 meters/second, 1524.0 kilometres/hour, 947.0 miles/hour or 822.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.78 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||South||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 07.1"||946.70 mi||West||0° 03' 04.7"||3.53 mi||South||946.86 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 17.3"||750.26 mi||East||1° 38' 31.8"||112.95 mi||South||762.36 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Tue 7:26 PM||970 km||603 miles||524 nm||N|
|Wake Island||Wed 6:26 PM||1566 km||973 miles||846 nm||W|
|Majuro||Wed 6:26 PM||1760 km||1094 miles||950 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Tue 6:26 PM||2147 km||1334 miles||1159 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Tue 8:26 PM||2156 km||1340 miles||1164 nm||E|
|Tarawa||Wed 6:26 PM||2208 km||1372 miles||1192 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Wed 6:26 PM||2734 km||1699 miles||1476 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Wed 5:26 PM||2887 km||1794 miles||1559 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 8:26 PM||3015 km||1873 miles||1628 nm||SE|
|Funafuti||Wed 6:26 PM||3111 km||1933 miles||1680 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.