Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 9:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 09:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.71 meters/second, 1525.3 km/hour, 947.8 miles/hour or 823.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.80 mi||West||0° 00' 03.2"||0.06 mi||South||15.80 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 08.6"||947.52 mi||West||0° 03' 18.8"||3.80 mi||South||947.69 mi|
|24 hours||11° 29' 37.4"||750.17 mi||East||1° 44' 01.0"||119.23 mi||South||763.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Wed 7:02 PM||505 km||314 miles||273 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Wed 7:02 PM||660 km||410 miles||356 nm||S|
|Melekeok||Wed 6:02 PM||1646 km||1023 miles||889 nm||SW|
|Hamamatsu||Wed 6:02 PM||1803 km||1120 miles||973 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Wed 6:02 PM||1811 km||1125 miles||978 nm||NNW|
|Yokohama||Wed 6:02 PM||1831 km||1138 miles||989 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Wed 6:02 PM||1836 km||1141 miles||991 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Wed 6:02 PM||1848 km||1148 miles||998 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Wed 6:02 PM||1853 km||1152 miles||1001 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Wed 6:02 PM||1878 km||1167 miles||1014 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.