Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 9:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 57%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 09:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.83 meters/second, 1525.8 km/hour, 948.1 miles/hour or 823.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.80 mi||West||0° 00' 03.2"||0.06 mi||South||15.80 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 09.1"||947.80 mi||West||0° 03' 23.5"||3.89 mi||South||947.97 mi|
|24 hours||11° 29' 24.5"||750.15 mi||East||1° 45' 46.0"||121.24 mi||South||763.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taipei||Wed 5:52 PM||1228 km||763 miles||663 nm||WNW|
|Quezon||Wed 5:52 PM||1244 km||773 miles||672 nm||WSW|
|Manila||Wed 5:52 PM||1257 km||781 miles||679 nm||WSW|
|Melekeok||Wed 6:52 PM||1345 km||836 miles||726 nm||SSE|
|Kagoshima||Wed 6:52 PM||1364 km||847 miles||736 nm||N|
|Kumamoto||Wed 6:52 PM||1497 km||930 miles||808 nm||N|
|Davao||Wed 5:52 PM||1508 km||937 miles||814 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Wed 7:52 PM||1535 km||954 miles||829 nm||ESE|
|Fukuoka||Wed 6:52 PM||1586 km||986 miles||856 nm||N|
|Kitakyushu||Wed 6:52 PM||1614 km||1003 miles||871 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.