Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 11:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 57%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 11:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.00 meters/second, 1526.4 km/hour, 948.5 miles/hour or 824.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.81 mi||West||0° 00' 03.3"||0.07 mi||South||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 09.7"||948.18 mi||West||0° 03' 29.5"||4.00 mi||South||948.36 mi|
|24 hours||11° 29' 06.8"||750.12 mi||East||1° 48' 08.3"||123.96 mi||South||764.22 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hong Kong||Wed 7:00 PM||356 km||221 miles||192 nm||NNW|
|Kowloon||Wed 7:00 PM||356 km||221 miles||192 nm||NNW|
|Macau||Wed 7:00 PM||371 km||231 miles||200 nm||NNW|
|Shenzhen||Wed 7:00 PM||385 km||239 miles||208 nm||NNW|
|Foshan||Wed 7:00 PM||472 km||293 miles||255 nm||NNW|
|Guangzhou||Wed 7:00 PM||476 km||296 miles||257 nm||NNW|
|Shantou||Wed 7:00 PM||477 km||296 miles||258 nm||NNE|
|Haikou||Wed 7:00 PM||523 km||325 miles||282 nm||W|
|Zhanjiang||Wed 7:00 PM||558 km||347 miles||302 nm||WNW|
|Xiamen||Wed 7:00 PM||645 km||401 miles||348 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.