Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 12:12:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 12:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.19 meters/second, 1527.1 km/hour, 948.9 miles/hour or 824.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.81 mi||West||0° 00' 03.5"||0.07 mi||South||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 10.5"||948.60 mi||West||0° 03' 35.9"||4.13 mi||South||948.78 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 48.1"||750.10 mi||East||1° 50' 38.6"||126.83 mi||South||764.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Chiang Mai||Wed 7:12 PM||129 km||80 miles||69 nm||ESE|
|Naypyidaw||Wed 6:42 PM||193 km||120 miles||104 nm||WNW|
|Chiang Rai||Wed 7:12 PM||224 km||139 miles||121 nm||ENE|
|Mawlamyine||Wed 6:42 PM||299 km||186 miles||162 nm||S|
|Yangon||Wed 6:42 PM||318 km||197 miles||172 nm||SW|
|Mandalay||Wed 6:42 PM||360 km||223 miles||194 nm||NNW|
|Nakhon Sawan||Wed 7:12 PM||456 km||284 miles||246 nm||SSE|
|Luang Prabang||Wed 7:12 PM||458 km||284 miles||247 nm||E|
|Vientiane||Wed 7:12 PM||521 km||324 miles||282 nm||ESE|
|Udon Thani||Wed 7:12 PM||560 km||348 miles||302 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.