Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 4:02:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 59%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 16:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 424.81 meters/second, 1529.3 kilometres/hour, 950.3 miles/hour or 825.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.84 mi||West||0° 00' 03.8"||0.07 mi||South||15.84 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 13.0"||950.01 mi||West||0° 03' 56.5"||4.52 mi||South||950.20 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 47.8"||750.08 mi||East||1° 58' 34.8"||135.92 mi||South||766.49 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Khamis Mushait||Wed 7:02 PM||93 km||57 miles||50 nm||SE|
|Makkah||Wed 7:02 PM||373 km||232 miles||201 nm||NW|
|Jeddah||Wed 7:02 PM||429 km||266 miles||232 nm||NW|
|Sana||Wed 7:02 PM||453 km||282 miles||245 nm||SSE|
|Al Hudaydah||Wed 7:02 PM||467 km||290 miles||252 nm||S|
|Port Sudan||Wed 7:02 PM||527 km||327 miles||284 nm||W|
|Asmara||Wed 7:02 PM||528 km||328 miles||285 nm||SW|
|Keren||Wed 7:02 PM||529 km||329 miles||286 nm||SW|
|Mendefera||Wed 7:02 PM||575 km||357 miles||310 nm||SW|
|Ta'izz||Wed 7:02 PM||626 km||389 miles||338 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.