Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 4:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 59%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 16:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 424.96 meters/second, 1529.8 kilometres/hour, 950.6 miles/hour or 826.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.84 mi||West||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||South||15.84 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 13.4"||950.33 mi||West||0° 04' 01.0"||4.60 mi||South||950.53 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 34.5"||750.08 mi||East||2° 00' 17.6"||137.88 mi||South||766.89 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Khartoum||Wed 7:52 PM||448 km||279 miles||242 nm||SE|
|Al-Ubayyid||Wed 7:52 PM||632 km||393 miles||341 nm||S|
|Aswan||Wed 6:52 PM||645 km||401 miles||348 nm||NNE|
|Port Sudan||Wed 7:52 PM||755 km||469 miles||407 nm||E|
|Kassala||Wed 7:52 PM||773 km||481 miles||418 nm||ESE|
|Teseney||Wed 7:52 PM||816 km||507 miles||441 nm||ESE|
|Kufra||Wed 5:52 PM||915 km||569 miles||494 nm||NW|
|Keren||Wed 7:52 PM||955 km||593 miles||515 nm||ESE|
|Jeddah||Wed 7:52 PM||995 km||618 miles||537 nm||ENE|
|Asmara||Wed 7:52 PM||1022 km||635 miles||552 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.