Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 9:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 21:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 425.86 meters/second, 1533.1 kilometres/hour, 952.6 miles/hour or 827.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.88 mi||West||0° 00' 04.3"||0.08 mi||South||15.88 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 16.6"||952.35 mi||West||0° 04' 27.3"||5.11 mi||South||952.57 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 15.8"||750.20 mi||East||2° 10' 27.9"||149.53 mi||South||769.44 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cayenne||Wed 6:52 PM||1845 km||1146 miles||996 nm||SW|
|Bridgetown||Wed 5:52 PM||1926 km||1197 miles||1040 nm||WSW|
|Paramaribo||Wed 6:52 PM||1966 km||1222 miles||1062 nm||SW|
|Fort-de-France||Wed 5:52 PM||2026 km||1259 miles||1094 nm||W|
|Castries||Wed 5:52 PM||2035 km||1265 miles||1099 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Wed 5:52 PM||2040 km||1268 miles||1102 nm||W|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Wed 5:52 PM||2053 km||1276 miles||1108 nm||W|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Wed 5:52 PM||2060 km||1280 miles||1112 nm||W|
|Praia||Wed 8:52 PM||2066 km||1284 miles||1116 nm||E|
|Kingstown||Wed 5:52 PM||2088 km||1298 miles||1128 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.