Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 22:02:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 22:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.89 meters/second, 1533.2 km/hour, 952.7 miles/hour or 827.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.88 mi||west||0° 00' 04.3"||0.08 mi||south||15.88 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 16.7"||952.42 mi||west||0° 04' 28.2"||5.13 mi||south||952.64 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 13.2"||750.20 mi||east||2° 10' 48.0"||149.92 mi||south||769.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Wed 6:02 PM||1682 km||1045 miles||908 nm||WSW|
|Cayenne||Wed 7:02 PM||1705 km||1060 miles||921 nm||SSW|
|Fort-de-France||Wed 6:02 PM||1774 km||1102 miles||958 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Wed 6:02 PM||1784 km||1109 miles||964 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Wed 6:02 PM||1786 km||1110 miles||965 nm||W|
|Paramaribo||Wed 7:02 PM||1791 km||1113 miles||967 nm||SW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Wed 6:02 PM||1798 km||1117 miles||971 nm||W|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Wed 6:02 PM||1806 km||1122 miles||975 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Wed 6:02 PM||1841 km||1144 miles||994 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Wed 6:02 PM||1887 km||1172 miles||1019 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.