Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 10:02:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 22:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.89 meters/second, 1533.2 km/hour, 952.7 miles/hour or 827.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.88 mi||West||0° 00' 04.3"||0.08 mi||South||15.88 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 16.7"||952.42 mi||West||0° 04' 28.2"||5.13 mi||South||952.64 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 13.2"||750.20 mi||East||2° 10' 48.0"||149.92 mi||South||769.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Wed 6:02 PM||1682 km||1045 miles||908 nm||WSW|
|Cayenne||Wed 7:02 PM||1705 km||1060 miles||921 nm||SSW|
|Fort-de-France||Wed 6:02 PM||1774 km||1102 miles||958 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Wed 6:02 PM||1785 km||1109 miles||964 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Wed 6:02 PM||1787 km||1110 miles||965 nm||W|
|Paramaribo||Wed 7:02 PM||1791 km||1113 miles||967 nm||SW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Wed 6:02 PM||1797 km||1117 miles||971 nm||W|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Wed 6:02 PM||1806 km||1122 miles||975 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Wed 6:02 PM||1841 km||1144 miles||994 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Wed 6:02 PM||1888 km||1173 miles||1019 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.