Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 9:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 09:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 428.27 meters/second, 1541.8 kilometres/hour, 958.0 miles/hour or 832.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.97 mi||West||0° 00' 05.3"||0.10 mi||South||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 24.6"||957.77 mi||West||0° 05' 28.2"||6.27 mi||South||958.03 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 16.5"||751.06 mi||East||2° 33' 46.3"||176.23 mi||South||776.36 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Thu 7:42 PM||263 km||164 miles||142 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Thu 7:42 PM||463 km||288 miles||250 nm||SSW|
|Melekeok||Thu 6:42 PM||1633 km||1015 miles||882 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Thu 8:42 PM||1801 km||1119 miles||972 nm||SE|
|Yokohama||Thu 6:42 PM||2070 km||1286 miles||1118 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Thu 6:42 PM||2091 km||1299 miles||1129 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Thu 6:42 PM||2132 km||1325 miles||1151 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Thu 6:42 PM||2145 km||1333 miles||1158 nm||NNW|
|Kobe||Thu 6:42 PM||2161 km||1343 miles||1167 nm||NNW|
|Kyoto||Thu 6:42 PM||2166 km||1346 miles||1170 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.