Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 10:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 10:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 428.34 meters/second, 1542.0 kilometres/hour, 958.2 miles/hour or 832.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.97 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.10 mi||South||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 24.7"||957.93 mi||West||0° 05' 29.9"||6.30 mi||South||958.19 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 11.8"||751.10 mi||East||2° 34' 24.6"||176.96 mi||South||776.57 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Thu 8:02 PM||591 km||367 miles||319 nm||ESE|
|Hagåtña||Thu 8:02 PM||620 km||385 miles||335 nm||SE|
|Colonia||Thu 8:02 PM||934 km||580 miles||504 nm||SSW|
|Melekeok||Thu 7:02 PM||1297 km||806 miles||700 nm||SSW|
|Hamamatsu||Thu 7:02 PM||1926 km||1197 miles||1040 nm||N|
|Shizuoka||Thu 7:02 PM||1946 km||1209 miles||1051 nm||N|
|Kumamoto||Thu 7:02 PM||1969 km||1224 miles||1063 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Thu 7:02 PM||1970 km||1224 miles||1064 nm||NNW|
|Kobe||Thu 7:02 PM||1979 km||1230 miles||1069 nm||NNW|
|Yokohama||Thu 7:02 PM||1988 km||1235 miles||1074 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.