Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 10:02:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:28 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 10:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.35 meters/second, 1542.1 km/hour, 958.2 miles/hour or 832.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.97 mi||west||0° 00' 05.5"||0.10 mi||south||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 24.7"||958.00 mi||west||0° 05' 30.0"||6.31 mi||south||958.27 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 11.4"||751.15 mi||east||2° 34' 26.8"||177.01 mi||south||776.64 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Thu 8:02 PM||617 km||383 miles||333 nm||ESE|
|Hagåtña||Thu 8:02 PM||640 km||397 miles||345 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Thu 7:02 PM||1282 km||796 miles||692 nm||SSW|
|Hamamatsu||Thu 7:02 PM||1922 km||1194 miles||1038 nm||N|
|Shizuoka||Thu 7:02 PM||1943 km||1208 miles||1049 nm||N|
|Kumamoto||Thu 7:02 PM||1956 km||1215 miles||1056 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Thu 7:02 PM||1962 km||1219 miles||1059 nm||NNW|
|Kobe||Thu 7:02 PM||1972 km||1225 miles||1065 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Thu 7:02 PM||1986 km||1234 miles||1072 nm||N|
|Yokohama||Thu 7:02 PM||1986 km||1234 miles||1072 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.