Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 11:12:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 11:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.60 meters/second, 1543.0 km/hour, 958.8 miles/hour or 833.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.98 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||South||15.98 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 25.5"||958.51 mi||West||0° 05' 35.8"||6.42 mi||South||958.77 mi|
|24 hours||11° 22' 55.0"||751.23 mi||East||2° 36' 38.5"||179.51 mi||South||777.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tarlac City||Thu 7:12 PM||409 km||254 miles||221 nm||WSW|
|Quezon||Thu 7:12 PM||424 km||264 miles||229 nm||SW|
|Mabalacat||Thu 7:12 PM||427 km||265 miles||230 nm||SW|
|Angeles||Thu 7:12 PM||431 km||268 miles||233 nm||SW|
|Manila||Thu 7:12 PM||439 km||273 miles||237 nm||SW|
|Olongapo||Thu 7:12 PM||477 km||296 miles||258 nm||SW|
|Kaohsiung||Thu 7:12 PM||715 km||444 miles||386 nm||NNW|
|Cebu City||Thu 7:12 PM||789 km||490 miles||426 nm||S|
|Taichung||Thu 7:12 PM||815 km||507 miles||440 nm||NNW|
|Taoyuan City||Thu 7:12 PM||876 km||545 miles||473 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.