Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 5:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 69%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 17:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 430.02 meters/second, 1548.1 kilometres/hour, 961.9 miles/hour or 835.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.03 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.12 mi||South||16.03 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 29.5"||961.70 mi||West||0° 06' 06.6"||7.00 mi||South||961.98 mi|
|24 hours||11° 21' 31.0"||752.12 mi||East||2° 48' 21.0"||192.92 mi||South||781.55 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Khartoum||Thu 8:26 PM||159 km||99 miles||86 nm||SSW|
|Kassala||Thu 8:26 PM||365 km||227 miles||197 nm||ESE|
|Teseney||Thu 8:26 PM||406 km||252 miles||219 nm||ESE|
|Kosti||Thu 8:26 PM||412 km||256 miles||222 nm||S|
|Port Sudan||Thu 8:26 PM||516 km||320 miles||278 nm||NE|
|Al-Ubayyid||Thu 8:26 PM||523 km||325 miles||282 nm||SW|
|Keren||Thu 8:26 PM||562 km||349 miles||304 nm||ESE|
|Asmara||Thu 8:26 PM||625 km||388 miles||337 nm||ESE|
|Mendefera||Thu 8:26 PM||628 km||390 miles||339 nm||ESE|
|Gondar||Thu 8:26 PM||648 km||402 miles||350 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.