Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, March 22, 2013 at 11:02:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 75%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:28 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 22, 2013 at 11:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.34 meters/second, 1563.6 km/hour, 971.6 miles/hour or 844.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.19 mi||west||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||south||16.19 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 39.6"||971.45 mi||west||0° 07' 29.3"||8.58 mi||south||971.77 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 34.2"||756.31 mi||east||3° 19' 19.7"||228.39 mi||south||795.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Fri 9:02 PM||811 km||504 miles||438 nm||E|
|Melekeok||Fri 8:02 PM||866 km||538 miles||468 nm||SSW|
|Saipan||Fri 9:02 PM||902 km||560 miles||487 nm||E|
|Davao||Fri 7:02 PM||1546 km||960 miles||835 nm||WSW|
|General Santos||Fri 7:02 PM||1647 km||1023 miles||889 nm||SW|
|Quezon||Fri 7:02 PM||1756 km||1091 miles||948 nm||W|
|Manila||Fri 7:02 PM||1763 km||1095 miles||952 nm||W|
|Manokwari||Fri 8:02 PM||1776 km||1103 miles||959 nm||SSW|
|Jayapura||Fri 8:02 PM||1957 km||1216 miles||1057 nm||S|
|Taipei||Fri 7:02 PM||2005 km||1246 miles||1083 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.