Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 4:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 88%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 04:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.03 meters/second, 1598.5 km/hour, 993.3 miles/hour or 863.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.55 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||South||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 42.9"||993.14 mi||West||0° 10' 07.4"||11.60 mi||South||993.43 mi|
|24 hours||11° 21' 47.1"||776.77 mi||East||4° 15' 52.1"||293.04 mi||South||833.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Santa María Huatulco||Sat 10:02 PM||800 km||497 miles||432 nm||NNE|
|Acapulco||Sat 10:02 PM||914 km||568 miles||493 nm||NNW|
|Oaxaca||Sat 10:02 PM||925 km||575 miles||500 nm||N|
|Escuintla||Sat 10:02 PM||998 km||620 miles||539 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Sat 10:02 PM||1041 km||647 miles||562 nm||NE|
|Santa Ana||Sat 10:02 PM||1090 km||677 miles||588 nm||ENE|
|San Salvador||Sat 10:02 PM||1107 km||688 miles||598 nm||ENE|
|Veracruz||Sat 10:02 PM||1169 km||726 miles||631 nm||N|
|Mexico City||Sat 10:02 PM||1181 km||734 miles||638 nm||N|
|Tegucigalpa||Sat 10:02 PM||1320 km||820 miles||713 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.