Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 10:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 90%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 10:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.21 meters/second, 1602.8 km/hour, 995.9 miles/hour or 865.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.60 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||South||16.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 39.8"||995.79 mi||West||0° 10' 26.3"||11.96 mi||South||996.06 mi|
|24 hours||348° 36' 00.7"||781.40 mi||West||4° 22' 09.0"||300.23 mi||South||840.14 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Sun 10:20 PM||126 km||79 miles||68 nm||ESE|
|Tarawa||Sun 10:20 PM||754 km||468 miles||407 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Sun 10:20 PM||994 km||617 miles||537 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Sun 10:20 PM||1343 km||834 miles||725 nm||NNW|
|Palikir||Sun 9:20 PM||1357 km||843 miles||733 nm||W|
|Baker Island||Sat 10:20 PM||1675 km||1041 miles||904 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Sun 10:20 PM||2043 km||1269 miles||1103 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Sun 9:20 PM||2224 km||1382 miles||1201 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Sat 11:20 PM||2606 km||1619 miles||1407 nm||NNE|
|Fakaofo||Sun 11:20 PM||2779 km||1727 miles||1500 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.