Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 25, 2013 at 3:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 25, 2013 at 03:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.72 meters/second, 1611.8 km/hour, 1001.5 miles/hour or 870.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 24.2"||1001.41 mi||West||0° 11' 09.8"||12.79 mi||South||1001.62 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 58.8"||796.37 mi||East||4° 35' 27.3"||315.44 mi||South||858.14 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|David||Sun 10:52 PM||473 km||294 miles||255 nm||NNE|
|Santiago de Veraguas||Sun 10:52 PM||533 km||331 miles||288 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Sun 9:52 PM||594 km||369 miles||321 nm||N|
|Alajuela||Sun 9:52 PM||603 km||374 miles||325 nm||N|
|Esmeraldas||Sun 10:52 PM||649 km||403 miles||350 nm||SE|
|Colón||Sun 10:52 PM||716 km||445 miles||387 nm||NE|
|Panama||Sun 10:52 PM||717 km||445 miles||387 nm||NE|
|Quito||Sun 10:52 PM||830 km||516 miles||448 nm||SE|
|Masaya||Sun 9:52 PM||844 km||524 miles||456 nm||NNW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 9:52 PM||847 km||527 miles||458 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.