Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 25, 2013 at 8:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 25, 2013 at 20:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.79 meters/second, 1615.7 kilometres/hour, 1003.9 miles/hour or 872.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 59.8"||1003.82 mi||West||0° 11' 36.5"||13.29 mi||South||1003.95 mi|
|24 hours||11° 45' 32.3"||813.13 mi||East||4° 41' 38.9"||322.53 mi||South||874.68 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mbale||Mon 11:26 PM||118 km||74 miles||64 nm||WSW|
|Kisumu||Mon 11:26 PM||175 km||109 miles||94 nm||SSW|
|Nakuru||Mon 11:26 PM||215 km||134 miles||116 nm||SSE|
|Lira||Mon 11:26 PM||270 km||168 miles||146 nm||WNW|
|Kampala||Mon 11:26 PM||314 km||195 miles||170 nm||WSW|
|Entebbe||Mon 11:26 PM||338 km||210 miles||183 nm||WSW|
|Nairobi||Mon 11:26 PM||350 km||217 miles||189 nm||SSE|
|Gulu||Mon 11:26 PM||354 km||220 miles||191 nm||WNW|
|Mwanza||Mon 11:26 PM||504 km||313 miles||272 nm||SSW|
|Garissa||Mon 11:26 PM||538 km||334 miles||290 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.