Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 3:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 03:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.81 meters/second, 1615.7 km/hour, 1004.0 miles/hour or 872.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||South||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 45.9"||1003.86 mi||West||0° 11' 43.3"||13.42 mi||South||1003.94 mi|
|24 hours||11° 52' 21.8"||821.24 mi||East||4° 42' 10.2"||323.13 mi||South||881.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mitú||Mon 10:46 PM||180 km||112 miles||97 nm||NE|
|Florencia||Mon 10:46 PM||516 km||321 miles||279 nm||WNW|
|Villavicencio||Mon 10:46 PM||530 km||329 miles||286 nm||NNW|
|Bogota||Mon 10:46 PM||598 km||371 miles||323 nm||NNW|
|Cali||Mon 10:46 PM||697 km||433 miles||376 nm||WNW|
|Puerto Ayacucho||Mon 11:16 PM||746 km||463 miles||403 nm||NNE|
|Quito||Mon 10:46 PM||808 km||502 miles||436 nm||W|
|Medellin||Mon 10:46 PM||841 km||522 miles||454 nm||NW|
|San Fernando de Apure||Mon 11:16 PM||969 km||602 miles||523 nm||NNE|
|Loja||Mon 10:46 PM||988 km||614 miles||533 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.