Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 09:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:28 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 09:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.61 meters/second, 1615.0 km/hour, 1003.5 miles/hour or 872.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.72 mi||west||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||south||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 32.9"||1003.39 mi||west||0° 11' 46.4"||13.48 mi||south||1003.45 mi|
|24 hours||11° 58' 31.6"||828.18 mi||east||4° 41' 30.2"||322.37 mi||south||887.19 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:46 PM||365 km||227 miles||197 nm||NNE|
|Fakaofo||Tue 10:46 PM||1667 km||1036 miles||900 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Mon 9:46 PM||1996 km||1240 miles||1078 nm||W|
|Apia *||Tue 11:46 PM||2016 km||1252 miles||1088 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Mon 11:46 PM||2061 km||1281 miles||1113 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 11:46 PM||2222 km||1381 miles||1200 nm||S|
|Alofi||Mon 10:46 PM||2331 km||1448 miles||1258 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Mon 11:46 PM||2490 km||1547 miles||1344 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Tue 9:46 PM||2589 km||1609 miles||1398 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 10:46 PM||2850 km||1771 miles||1539 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.