Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 9:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 09:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.61 meters/second, 1615.0 km/hour, 1003.5 miles/hour or 872.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||South||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 32.9"||1003.40 mi||West||0° 11' 46.4"||13.48 mi||South||1003.45 mi|
|24 hours||11° 58' 30.5"||828.15 mi||East||4° 41' 30.5"||322.38 mi||South||887.18 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:46 PM||354 km||220 miles||191 nm||NNE|
|Fakaofo||Tue 10:46 PM||1689 km||1049 miles||912 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Mon 9:46 PM||2026 km||1259 miles||1094 nm||W|
|Apia *||Tue 11:46 PM||2037 km||1266 miles||1100 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Mon 11:46 PM||2048 km||1272 miles||1106 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 11:46 PM||2224 km||1382 miles||1201 nm||S|
|Alofi||Mon 10:46 PM||2347 km||1458 miles||1267 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Mon 11:46 PM||2489 km||1546 miles||1344 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Tue 9:46 PM||2620 km||1628 miles||1415 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 10:46 PM||2869 km||1783 miles||1549 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.