Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 3:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 15:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.21 meters/second, 1613.5 km/hour, 1002.6 miles/hour or 871.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||South||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 18.7"||1002.49 mi||West||0° 11' 47.0"||13.49 mi||South||1002.51 mi|
|24 hours||12° 05' 08.1"||835.26 mi||East||4° 39' 49.3"||320.46 mi||South||892.46 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palangka Raya||Tue 10:46 PM||80 km||50 miles||43 nm||WNW|
|Banjarmasin||Tue 11:46 PM||107 km||67 miles||58 nm||S|
|Balikpapan||Tue 11:46 PM||278 km||173 miles||150 nm||ENE|
|Samarinda||Tue 11:46 PM||347 km||215 miles||187 nm||NE|
|Mamuju||Tue 11:46 PM||475 km||295 miles||257 nm||E|
|Surabaya||Tue 10:46 PM||581 km||361 miles||314 nm||SSW|
|Palu||Tue 11:46 PM||605 km||376 miles||326 nm||ENE|
|Makassar||Tue 11:46 PM||614 km||382 miles||332 nm||ESE|
|Singaraja||Tue 11:46 PM||639 km||397 miles||345 nm||S|
|Pontianak||Tue 10:46 PM||642 km||399 miles||347 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.