Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 3:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 15:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.19 meters/second, 1613.5 km/hour, 1002.6 miles/hour or 871.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||South||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 18.2"||1002.46 mi||West||0° 11' 47.0"||13.49 mi||South||1002.47 mi|
|24 hours||12° 05' 19.4"||835.46 mi||East||4° 39' 45.6"||320.39 mi||South||892.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palangka Raya||Tue 10:56 PM||192 km||119 miles||103 nm||E|
|Banjarmasin||Tue 11:56 PM||284 km||177 miles||153 nm||ESE|
|Pontianak||Tue 10:56 PM||412 km||256 miles||223 nm||NW|
|Kuching||Tue 11:56 PM||483 km||300 miles||261 nm||NNW|
|Kudus||Tue 10:56 PM||509 km||316 miles||275 nm||SSW|
|Balikpapan||Tue 11:56 PM||530 km||329 miles||286 nm||ENE|
|Surabaya||Tue 10:56 PM||542 km||337 miles||293 nm||S|
|Semarang||Tue 10:56 PM||546 km||339 miles||295 nm||SSW|
|Pekalongan||Tue 10:56 PM||576 km||358 miles||311 nm||SSW|
|Madiun||Tue 10:56 PM||583 km||362 miles||315 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.