Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 9:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 21:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 447.60 meters/second, 1611.4 kilometres/hour, 1001.3 miles/hour or 870.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.0"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||South||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 03.2"||1001.13 mi||West||0° 11' 45.2"||13.46 mi||South||1001.11 mi|
|24 hours||12° 12' 13.0"||842.53 mi||East||4° 37' 04.9"||317.33 mi||South||897.50 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bukavu||Tue 11:46 PM||178 km||110 miles||96 nm||NE|
|Kindu||Tue 11:46 PM||196 km||122 miles||106 nm||WNW|
|Bujumbura||Tue 11:46 PM||197 km||122 miles||106 nm||E|
|Ngozi||Tue 11:46 PM||256 km||159 miles||138 nm||ENE|
|Gitega||Tue 11:46 PM||258 km||161 miles||140 nm||E|
|Butare||Tue 11:46 PM||259 km||161 miles||140 nm||ENE|
|Rutana||Tue 11:46 PM||268 km||167 miles||145 nm||E|
|Goma||Tue 11:46 PM||273 km||169 miles||147 nm||NE|
|Gitarama||Tue 11:46 PM||287 km||179 miles||155 nm||NE|
|Ruyigi||Tue 11:46 PM||294 km||182 miles||159 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.