Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 03:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 03:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.80 meters/second, 1608.5 km/hour, 999.5 miles/hour or 868.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.66 mi||west||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||south||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 46.4"||999.34 mi||west||0° 11' 40.9"||13.38 mi||south||999.29 mi|
|24 hours||12° 19' 43.0"||849.91 mi||east||4° 33' 15.1"||312.96 mi||south||902.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Manaus||Tue 11:46 PM||190 km||118 miles||102 nm||NNW|
|Manicoré||Tue 11:46 PM||244 km||152 miles||132 nm||WSW|
|Santarém||Wed 12:46 AM||578 km||359 miles||312 nm||ENE|
|Porto Velho||Tue 11:46 PM||670 km||416 miles||362 nm||SW|
|Riberalta||Tue 11:46 PM||1013 km||630 miles||547 nm||SW|
|Rio Branco||Tue 11:46 PM||1098 km||682 miles||593 nm||WSW|
|Paramaribo||Wed 12:46 AM||1255 km||780 miles||678 nm||NNE|
|Belém||Wed 12:46 AM||1264 km||786 miles||683 nm||ENE|
|Georgetown||Tue 11:46 PM||1281 km||796 miles||692 nm||N|
|Cayenne||Wed 12:46 AM||1324 km||822 miles||715 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.