Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 09:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.90 meters/second, 1605.2 km/hour, 997.5 miles/hour or 866.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.5"||16.62 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 30.1"||997.31 mi||West||0° 11' 34.4"||13.26 mi||South||997.23 mi|
|24 hours||12° 26' 57.8"||856.77 mi||East||4° 28' 43.8"||307.79 mi||South||906.37 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Tue 11:48 PM||356 km||221 miles||192 nm||S|
|Papeete||Tue 11:18 PM||1694 km||1052 miles||914 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 11:18 PM||2146 km||1334 miles||1159 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Wed 1:18 AM||2362 km||1468 miles||1275 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Tue 11:18 PM||2768 km||1720 miles||1495 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 10:18 PM||3510 km||2181 miles||1895 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Tue 11:18 PM||3600 km||2237 miles||1944 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Tue 10:18 PM||3601 km||2237 miles||1944 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Wed 11:18 PM||3637 km||2260 miles||1964 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Wed 4:18 AM||3978 km||2472 miles||2148 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.