Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
|This phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 09:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.87 meters/second, 1605.1 km/hour, 997.4 miles/hour or 866.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.5"||16.62 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 29.5"||997.24 mi||West||0° 11' 34.3"||13.25 mi||South||997.16 mi|
|24 hours||12° 27' 11.2"||856.98 mi||East||4° 28' 34.8"||307.62 mi||South||906.49 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Tue 11:58 PM||448 km||278 miles||242 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Tue 11:28 PM||1535 km||954 miles||829 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 11:28 PM||1904 km||1183 miles||1028 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Wed 1:28 AM||2480 km||1541 miles||1339 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Tue 11:28 PM||2566 km||1594 miles||1386 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 10:28 PM||3245 km||2016 miles||1752 nm||W|
|Alofi||Tue 10:28 PM||3362 km||2089 miles||1815 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Wed 11:28 PM||3380 km||2100 miles||1825 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 11:28 PM||3464 km||2152 miles||1870 nm||NNW|
|Baker Island||Tue 9:28 PM||3888 km||2416 miles||2100 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.