Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 09:38:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:28 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 09:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.84 meters/second, 1605.0 km/hour, 997.3 miles/hour or 866.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.5"||16.62 mi||west||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||south||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 28.9"||997.17 mi||west||0° 11' 34.0"||13.25 mi||south||997.08 mi|
|24 hours||12° 27' 26.1"||857.21 mi||east||4° 28' 24.7"||307.43 mi||south||906.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Wed 12:08 AM||671 km||417 miles||362 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Tue 11:38 PM||1397 km||868 miles||754 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 11:38 PM||1644 km||1022 miles||888 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 11:38 PM||2355 km||1463 miles||1271 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Wed 1:38 AM||2635 km||1637 miles||1423 nm||SE|
|Fakaofo||Wed 10:38 PM||2954 km||1835 miles||1595 nm||W|
|Apia *||Wed 11:38 PM||3096 km||1924 miles||1672 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Tue 10:38 PM||3100 km||1926 miles||1674 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 11:38 PM||3331 km||2070 miles||1799 nm||NNW|
|Baker Island||Tue 9:38 PM||3595 km||2234 miles||1941 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.