Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 3:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 15:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.72 meters/second, 1601.0 km/hour, 994.8 miles/hour or 864.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.1"||16.58 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 10.6"||994.65 mi||West||0° 11' 24.6"||13.07 mi||South||994.53 mi|
|24 hours||12° 35' 21.9"||864.41 mi||East||4° 22' 33.1"||300.73 mi||South||910.63 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ambon||Thu 12:28 AM||482 km||300 miles||260 nm||NW|
|Baucau||Thu 12:28 AM||535 km||332 miles||289 nm||WSW|
|Darwin||Thu 12:58 AM||609 km||378 miles||329 nm||S|
|Dili||Thu 12:28 AM||630 km||391 miles||340 nm||WSW|
|Same||Thu 12:28 AM||638 km||396 miles||344 nm||WSW|
|Suai||Thu 12:28 AM||690 km||429 miles||373 nm||WSW|
|Manokwari||Thu 12:28 AM||752 km||467 miles||406 nm||NNE|
|Kupang||Wed 11:28 PM||896 km||556 miles||484 nm||WSW|
|Sofifi||Thu 12:28 AM||936 km||582 miles||506 nm||NNW|
|Ternate||Thu 12:28 AM||949 km||590 miles||512 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.